Tuesday 1 July 2014

Review: Yves Saint Laurent Couture Palette n*9 Love


Not going to lie, whatever advertisement YSL produce catches my eye. With the likes of a gorgeous model like Cara Delevinge, there marketing and advertising team know how to lure a teenage girl to their counter. 

I wasn't to sure if I was going to purchase this palette but the woman did an excellent job at showing me how to use the product and wearing an LBD for prom, I figured I needed something a little extra fancy in terms of makeup. 




In my opinion, the colours are not as opaque as they are in the palette yet, I think this is best as they are for me and for most people out of their comfort zone. The look achieved was what I would describe as sultry beach holiday sunset. Yes. But still, swirling my brush around, the eyeshadow I found were quite dusty.


( excuse the camera in my pupils ) 

The packaging of the product would be Infact, great for a beach holdiday as I found it was very light and plasticky. Almost, contradicting YSL's luxeryous image. By this I mean I expected the palette to weigh the equivalent of a bar of gold!

Nether the less, it is a beautiful pallet for summer and would be a lovely addition to a basic makeup collection. If you are beginning however, I would not recommend this. Instead invest in a more basic eyeshadow quad ( chanel or rimmer do some lovely quads) as at £39 I do not believe it is an essential in your bag.

Overall 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment