Friday 20 June 2014

Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne review

...fancy schmancy I know! 

It's a beautiful day and the sun is shining currently in my back garden as I squint to write this post. I feel obliged to sit outside as my mum aka the sun worshiper is working so, on behalf here I am, it's tough finishing school early but someone has to do it... But that's besides the point of this post! 

I got this cologne for Christmas, after trying multiple scents in Selfridges. As I spritzed this, I knew from the freshness that it was the one, for those lazy summers days like today. 


From the website, the top note claims to be cassis "with richness of dark fruits cassis, adds an intriguing dimension to the dominant characteristic of sweet honey, peaches and nectarine" 

The middle note appears to be acacia honey "sweet and creamy"... Obviously, which is meant to "build layers of rich floral blossom with a waxy allure". Considering the perfume profile I go for is sweet, feminine and alluring, this description makes sense as to why I was attracted to the fragrance.

Finally with the base note of peach "fleshy, pulpy and enticingly delicious" (cringe), the description gives an illusion of a lovely youthful perfume. 

My opinion... 

When I spray this on my wrist, I feel like I am smelling a beautiful bouquet of flowers outside an upmarket tea room in Chelsea! I absolutely love the feminine but not super girly floral scent which I think many women across all ages could wear! I smell the depth of cassis, something creamy from the honey but not like I am putting my nose in the actual jar! Although sweet I wouldn't necessarily say peachy but nether the less, gorgeous.

I would give this perfume a 7/10 just because I have never loved anything more than the pear and freesia cologne from the brand my mum previously owned!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment