Sunday 15 June 2014

Good vibes only

Yes, some people may see lucky charms as a fad but I personally love them! I have always been fascinated by these symbols so naturally for my birthday I purchased an earring from Thomas Sabo with the Hand Of Fatima as a gift to myself for which I have no shame in at all.


But what does it actually mean? 

Also called Hamsa, the five fingers represent the five books of the Torah yet, in Islam Fatima derives from one of the two daughters of the Prohet Mohammed or some believe the Five Pillars in the Islamic religion.

Many Hamsas feature an eye in the palm which is meant to counteract the bad luck which is being directed at the person (no pun intended). Similarly unintentional acts such as jealousy are not meant to occur. Did you know they believe fish are immune to evil religiously in Hebrew? I didn't, hence they sometimes make an appearance on these protecting charms! Also words such as "mazel" which means luck can feature.

Nether the less, I stock up on every beach holiday and so should you, as they add a cool effortless touch to any outfit.




No comments:

Post a Comment