Saturday 31 January 2015

A slice of vegan Pai?

So it's been about a month now since my last post... It's those A levels I swear! I feel like I am constantly tied to a bundle of coursework and revision, but that should be no excuse!

Anyway, through out January I have been experimenting with the plant based/ vegan 'but I still where leather shoes' diet you could say, where I scoff my face on a Sunday night vowing to be completley vegan the next day and so forth, but to then crack mid week on a cadburys chocolate crunchie from the schools sixth form cafe! Despite that statement I have actually almost managed to go 3 weeks with consuming no animal products! I say 'almost' because today I had to eat a prawn and crayfish salad from Pret to stop my mum thinking I have lost the plot and depriving myself of protein which is readily available from pulses and quinoa etc... Let's just say I am an all or nothing girl and 10 hours later, my head is throbbing from all the nasty chemicals in my body which preserved my reeses peanut butter cup! Back to chia seed pudding for me tomorrow lets just say 

But the real point of this post is my view on Pai's skincare kit I purchased in December. I bought the set because I had become shocked and quite annoyed about what was put into products aimed at regular teenage girls like me! Not to name names as I still use some of their fab makeup products, but I wanted to improve my skins texture therefore, I opted for a more natural approach...

Here's what I purchased:


I purchased the cleanse & tone starter kit, prices start at 77 GBP but I paid an additional 10 for a 200 instead of 100ml cleanser.

My favourite thing in the pack was the Chamomile and Rosehip moisturiser for redness and hypersensitive skin. Though you can chose from 4 differnent types, I thought this particular product was great if your like my who is in a rush in the morning and doesn't have time to sit and wait for their moisturiser to sink in! It didn't leave my skin greasy or tight and the smell was very soothing. In terms of redness, I guess I did help slightly, but on my pale Snow White complexion it would take miracles to look like a porcelain doll!

Next the Camellia and Rose cleanser... With a similar soothing smell to the moisturiser, I also really liked this product due to the accompanying muslin cloth; I found the cleanser effectively removed my makeup (which is very impressive from an eu natural brand) and made my skin feel lovely and soft! 

Also within the pack came the toner, I wasn't crazy about the product in terms of its effectiveness, but to be fair I never really have with any toner I have ever bought! I mean it was nice and refreshing on the skin, but I would not re purchase. 

Overall, I love Pai's ethos and how natural each individual product is, this post has not done the science part justice therefore, if your on the fence about purchasing the products I would recommend checking the website, especially to look at the other products they cater! 

I also must admit I have not been friendly with my diet throughout using these products so I feel they may not have worked to their full potential on my skin, yet never the less they have been a pleasure to use and I would repurchase.

Lucy x 


No comments:

Post a Comment